Alexander Love is an acupuncturist, life coach, and cultural luminary. With gentleness, lightness and depth, he invites us to listen to the voice of our inner wisdom & potency and allow that to move us outward into the world and make a difference.
The call to embark on this journey invites us to recognize that we matter beyond measure. Our individual voices, when allowed to speak from the depths of our intrinsic beauty, weave a complex melody of an emblazoned, sacred heart inscribed and aflame with the majestic mystery of life.
After a family tragedy in 1998, Alexander began a painful and illuminating journey of self-discovery. As a twenty year-old who had just lost his father due to violent human acts, he was forced to face some powerful questions.
Does life truly have meaning?
Is life worth living?
How do I bare the pain of life?
Over many years, Alexander began to discover answers to the these questions. Through a rigorous meditation practice and years of studying with masters in various fields, he began to reach into the essential nature of life. In doing this something potent and magnificent was revealed. He found something to give us hope, something that illuminates why we are here, why we matter, and the beautiful purpose behind our suffering and pain.
Alexander invites us to places where we feel alive, inspired, and become willing to hold the joys and the pains within the great heart of humanity—a place where compassion becomes the center of our existence.
He has worked with individuals and groups for over 14,000 life-altering hours. He has seen tremendous transformation occur with people just like you by applying all that he has learned through his own life struggles and his studies with some of the world’s greatest teachers in life coaching, medicine, including acupuncture and spirituality.
Alexander has a master’s degree in acupuncture and is currently pursuing a doctorate in classical Chinese medicine at the American University for Complementary Medicine in Beverly Hills, California. He has also trained as a coach at the prestigious coaching school, the Newfield Network in Boulder, Colorado.
He is a professor at the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture, Southwest Acupuncture College, and the Colorado School for Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is also the director, designer, and primary facilitator for the Newfield Network’s business development program for coaches, “The Heart, Soul, & Praxis of Business Development.” This program combines Integral theory and ancient wisdom with the practical knowledge needed to build and run a successful coaching practice.
Alexander is also the developer of Evolutionary CranioSacral Therapy (ECST), a system of medicine that is a confluence of Chinese medicine and osteopathic medicine viewed through an Integral context. ECST allows ancient wisdom to inform an evolutionary epistemology capable of meeting the diverse and complex challenges of our current era. Through the practice of this methodology, we are invited to step into new phenomenological territories, ignite healing potentials, and assist humanity in discovering its passionate, beating, blazing heart.
Alexander has an acupuncture and life coaching practice in Boulder, Colorado where he works with individuals and groups to support us to allow our pain and challenges to become pathways to wisdom and fulfillment.
At the core of all of Alexander’s work is his belief that the quality and health of our future depends upon our willingness to come together and deepen our bonds and capacity for human relating. Together we can learn to better face the complexities our humanity. If we can find the courage to embrace our experiences as individuals and as a greater collective, life can become something that perpetually transforms us. As we transform, so does the world, and together we can co-create a beautiful future.
Alexander lives in Niwot Colorado with his wife Veronica Olalla Love, CEO of the Newfield Network (US branch) and six year-old daughter, Sophia Nerea Love, wielder of fairies, love, and exuberant joy.
- 2015: Attended and participated in a five-day intensive workshop in Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapy with its founder Franklyn Sills.
- 2014-2015: Completed a nine-month leadership training through Pacific Integral. Certificate in Causal Leadership
- 2014: Attended a four-day workshop in Embryology, exploring embryology through a phenomenological, anthroposophic lens with Dr. Jaap Van Der Wal.
- 2014: Attended four-day workshop with Dr. Jeffery Yuen, Neurology.
- 2013- present: Completed a 9-month course in facilitation of “Evolutionary Dialogue”.
- 2012-2014: Completed a two-year course in Bio Dynamic CranioSacral therapy
- 2009-present: Pursuing a Ph. D in Classical Chinese Medicine at the American University for Complementary Medicine. The main teacher of the program is world-renowned 88th generation Taoist priest, Jeffery Yuen.
- 2011: Completed the Newfield Network Foundations and Coach Training program.
- 2007-2009: Completed a two-year Homeopathy program studying the Vital Sensation Method developed by Dr. Rajan Sankaran.
- 2004-2006: Completed an advanced Chinese Herbology course/apprenticeship with Master Herbalist, Thea Elijah. Concentration: The spirit level of Chinese Herbalism and energetic perception skills for diagnosis and treatment.
- 2004-2006: Completed a Clinical Integration course with Master Acupuncturist Lonny S. Jarrett. Concentration: Chinese Pulse Diagnosis (Shen/Hammer tradition) and Evolutionary Acupuncture, diagnosis and treatment.
- 2003-2005: Studied plant Spirit Medicine with Naropa University adjunct faculty member, Marlow Brooks.
- 2001-2004: Received a Bachelors Degree in Health Studies, a Masters degree in Acupuncture, and a certificate in Chinese herbal medicine from the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture, Hallandale Beach Florida. Main concentration was in the practice of Five–Element Acupuncture and Chinese Five-Element Herbalism. This was a four-year program.
- 2000-2001: Studied Five-Element Acupuncture at the Institute for Taoist Education and Acupuncture, Louisville, CO. Concentration: Foundations in Five-Element theory and practice.
- 2000-2003: Completed 224 hours of education in bodywork modality Core Synchronism. Including 16 hrs. of Core Synchronism for pregnancy. Additional skills in endocrine, lymphatic, and fascia health with Master instructor Dr. Robert Stevens, ND. Received certificate: Certified Core Synchronism practitioner. Also was certified to teach Core synchronism levels I, II, III. As well as certified to teach levels IV-VI as a secondary instructor between 2003-2012.
- 1999-2000: Studied Classical Homeopathy at the Devon School of Homeopathy. Devon, England (correspondence course) Concentration: Foundations of Classical Homeopathy.
- 2000: 40 hours of training in Holistic Hair Analysis (Rae Method). Instructor Robert Stevens, ND. Concentration: Dowsing, Radionic therapeutics
- 1998-1999: Studied Bodywork and Natural Cure at the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics (NMSNT). (6 months/751 hours) Concentration: Polarity Therapy, Massage, Foundations of Natural Medicine/Nature Cure. Additional study in Shiatsu, Homeopathy, Flower essences, Western Herbalism, Chinese medicine, Reflexology, body-mind Counseling skills. Certification: Natural Therapeutics Specialist.
- 1998-1999: Studied Inter-Arts and Natural Health at The Naropa University, Boulder CO. Attended for three semesters.
- 1996-1998: Studied Music at the Berklee College of Music. Concentration: Guitar, African Drumming.
- 2000-present: Natural medicine private practice. (Currently in Boulder, Colorado, practicing acupuncture, life coaching, evolutionary craniosacral therapy, and embodied shadow work).
- 2015: Designed, developed, and created a seven video, virtual business development program for coaches through the Newfield Network.
- 2013-present: Creating a graduate level channel systems track for acupuncturists and a five element track. So far, this includes a two-semester Eight Extraordinary Vessel curriculum, one of two semesters of the five-element track, and a one semester divergent meridian curriculum. This will be followed by a semester for the Sinew channels, a semester for the Luo vessels, and finally will culminate in the creation of 2-3 semesters on the primary meridians viewed through through an evolutionary and classical lens.
- 2011-2013: Taught Evolutionary CranioSacral therapy as a core requirement for the Associates Degree of Occupational Studies (AOS) at the Boulder College of Massage Therapy. Evolutionary CranioSacral therapy 1-7 were also offered as electives and open to the public. Reason for ending: School closed.
- 2013-present: Teach at Southwest Acupuncture College, associate professor.
- 2013-present: Teach at Colorado School of Traditional Chinese medicine, faculty member.
- 2013: Director of Curriculum Development at the Newfield Network (US branch of the international coaching school).
- 2009: Invited to be on the curriculum development committee at the Academy of Five-Element Acupuncture, Gainesville
- 2004-2012: Assistant teacher to Dr. Robert Stevens, ND teaching Core Synchronism Levels I-VI.
- 2006-2009: President and founder of The Institute for the Medical Arts in Boulder, CO teaching 18-month Natural Medicine programs.
- 2005: Taught & developed curriculum for a Six-month Chinese medicine program.
- 2004-present: Currently teaching on faculty at the Academy for Five-Element Acupuncture, Gainesville, FL (accredited masters program), teaching 4-day business intensives, Five-Element theory, Acupuncture Curriculum and has been on faculty of the Chinese herbal medicine program.
- 2004-2006: Assisted Marlow Brooks at The Naropa University, teaching Psychology of the Five Elements and Plant Spirit Medicine.
- 2004-2012: Taught weekend Core Synchronism workshops, levels I & II in Boulder, Colorado.
- 2002-2004: Assisted the director of NMSNT, Dr. Robert Stevens, ND in teaching Foot Reflexology, Polarity Therapy, Non-specific Stretches, Joint Mobilization Techniques, and Core Synchronism.
- 2000-present: Natural medicine private practice. Includes acupuncture, life coaching, evolutionary craniosacral therapy, and embodied shadow work in Boulder, Colorado.
- 2015: Developed and video-taped a seven module business development program for the Newfield Network.
- 2015: Developed and video-taped a five part coaching mastery course bringing ancient wisdom and an Integral worldview together to offer new possibilities to the field of coaching.
- 2013: Developed a 6-month intensive, graduate level coaching program named Integral Pathways for Newfield ontological coaching graduates.
- 2013: Developed a 10-week rooted in spirit course for Chinese Medical Students.
- 2012: Developer of Evolutionary CranioSacral therapy™; a blending of Cranial Osteopathy, Chinese medicine, taught in an evolutionary context.
- 2010: Created a three-day Chinese medicine weekend curriculum.
- 2008-2009: Created a five day, 50 hour advanced spirit of the points curriculum intended for 2nd and 3rd year acupuncture students.
- 2007-2009: Created an 18-month, 432 hour Natural Medicine program.
- 2006: Created a six-month, 96 hour Five Element program with Veronica Love.
- 2005: Created an eight day, 64 hour business course for Acupuncturists, combining the most leading edge business practices within Classical Chinese medicine context
- 2015: Certificate in Causal Leadership (Pacific Integral)
- 2011: Certificate of completion Newfield Network coaching school.
- 2004 : Certified in Chinese Herbal Medicine (Academy for Five-Element Acupuncture (AFEA)
- 2004 : Bachelors degree in Health Studies (AFEA)
- 2004: Masters Degree in Acupuncture (AFEA)
- 2004 : Diplomat in Acupuncture (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- 2004 : Diplomat in Chinese Herbal Medicine (NCCAOM)
- 2004 : Diplomat in Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Licensed Acupuncturist (Colorado) #1013
- 2008 : Certified Core Synchronism Practitioner (New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics (NMSNT)
- 2000: Certified Natural Therapeutics Specialist (NMSNT)